/, Humor, Kevin Paul, Soccer, TWHS Caption Challenge, Writers/TWHS Caption Challenge: USA Soccer and the 2010 FIFA World Cup are Coming

TWHS Caption Challenge: USA Soccer and the 2010 FIFA World Cup are Coming

The 2010 FIFA World Cup is just around the corner – and the whole world has been waiting for this… and this time, that just may include the good ol’ U-S-of-A, too.

Due to some exciting and competitive performances in recent tournaments, the country has rallied around USA soccer to some degree – and therefore, there’s excitement brewing for the red, white and blue headed into this year’s tournament, being held in South Africa.

Therefore, to celebrate the World Cup tournament – which starts up in just a few days (on June 11th) – The Wife Hates Sports would like to present another caption challenge.

This time around, you get a special double dose – featuring two of the most ridiculous and hilarious soccer-related images that we could find on the internet.

Here are the images (below) – and here’s your chance to generate the most creative, funny, or unique caption possible for one – or both of them.  Either that, or just pitch in your initial thoughts on USA’s chances in this year’s World Cup.

Have at it, friends – and as always, thanks for reading The Wife Hates Sports!

Picture 1:

world-cup-2010-soccer-funny-grab-crotch

Picture 2:

world-cup-2010-funny-football-underpants

Be Sociable, Share!
By | 2017-08-25T17:35:02+00:00 June 5th, 2010|Features, Humor, Kevin Paul, Soccer, TWHS Caption Challenge, Writers|10 Comments

About the Author:

10 Comments

1. tophatal June 11, 2010 at 1:47 PM

KP

A Federal Appellate Court rules in favor of Bonds. The Justice Dept has now spent in excess $11 million on this case and they’ve not indicted anyone in the case . Greg Anderson , Bonds’ trainer still refuses to implicate Bonds. Isn’t it now time to stop flogging a dead horse ?

Who’s Kidding Whom Here? The NCAA Kisses Ass Just Like a Politician Loves Kissing Babies It Makes ‘em Look Good !

==================

How Long Before You Realized The Gig Was Up But You Still Tried To Defend The Indefensible ?

AP

2. tophatal June 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Jared

I’m an expat Brit living here in the US and even I am not enamored with the English side in this World Cup . They’re light on attack and way too heavily relying on their midfield players.

I do expect them to make to at least the quarter finals. Beyond that who knows ?

AP

3. admin June 8, 2010 at 9:36 PM

TOP–
    Maybe they’re pushing for the nut crunching to be a new olympic sport some day… or not.

REV–
    Wow, if you’re marketing SportsChump on a hammock, well…. then you realize where the logo has to be right? Just asking.

4. Chris Humpherys June 7, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Well, I was about to market SportsChump banana hammocks but it look like this guy beat me to it.

5. tophatal June 7, 2010 at 12:04 PM

KP

Nut crunching is this meant to be new sport ?

Brokeback Mountain ain’t got nothin’ on this !

AP

6. admin June 6, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Lanchumpster–

Ha ha, nice. I’m not sure which one I like better of the two.

Chris REV–

what nothing for the second one? C’mon now!

7. admin June 6, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Jared,

Yeah, I was not going to go down the predictions road this soon… if I do any of that, it would be closer to this weekend, when the tournament starts up.

8. Chris Humpherys June 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM

1: “Hey, I thought in soccer we’re not supposed to use our hands… not that I mind.”

9. Lanchumpster June 6, 2010 at 5:44 AM

Picture 1: “Penalty on the Blue Team – handball violation!”

Picture 2: “Penalty on the Red Team – for poor re-enactment of the battle scene from Braveheart”

10. Jared June 5, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I didn’t see anything like that (at least on the soccer field) when I was in Germany for the 2006 World Cup. Those are downright raunchy! I was hoping you would have a score prediction for USA vs. England.

Comments are closed.