KP, the man behind The Wife Hates Sports, has also accomplished the following:
- Freelance Contracted Writer for FoxSports.com
- Member of Football Writers Association of America since 2009
- Columnist for First and Big Ten – Big Ten football website brought to you by Bleacher Report and Chicago Tribune (via ChicagoNow.com)
- National Featured Columnist for College Football at Bleacher Report
- National Featured Columnist for Major League Baseball at Bleacher Report
- Featured Columnist for Penn State football at Bleacher Report
- Covered College Football live both in the Big Ten and ACC conferences
- Featured numerous times on FoxSports.com website, as well as at AskMen.com, CBSSports.com and BCSFootball.org
- Maintained KP’s Blog regularly at FoxSports.com starting in December 2005
- Radio/podcast personality – covering sports such as College Football and Major League Baseball
- Named Finalist for 2010 Last Fan Standing Contest
And now, a welcome letter from KP himself:
Welcome to The Wife Hates Sports and thank you for visiting.
My name is Kevin Paul, often referred to as KP, and I created The Wife Hates Sports in Summer 2009 – with a more extended launch in January 2010. For my entire life, I have been passionate about sports – just ask anyone I know. It wasn’t just playing a wide range of sports that fueled my passion. For years, I wanted to find a way to work in the sports world, but the opportunity never presented itself. Finally, in late 2005, I entered a contest on the Fox Sports website, known as “The Next Great Sportswriter”. From then on, I began to realize that my passion for sports, coupled with my ability to write and express my thoughts, was actually a combo that really drove me to put more and more out there for the world to find.
In the summer of 2008, Fox Sports rewarded my efforts with a freelance contract to be a contributing writer. I’ll never forget the day that I received the news, and hope that particular moment is only the beginning of a series of successful steps in sportswriting for years to come.
Every day is met with a challenge, juggling a full-time job in a completely different industry, while putting as much time as I can into my writing.
In order to get this far, I have a long list of people to thank – you know who you are, listing from family, friends, fellow bloggers (that became good friends) and so on. Please know that all of you are in my thoughts and I can’t thank you enough for all of your support.
And now I want to again welcome you to The Wife Hates Sports – a sports site with a unique flavor, not just tying in sports of all kinds, but also the relationship side of things that many of us can relate to, involving women that love sports, women who ride the fine line, and most importantly, the women in our lives that hate sports.
Forever, we will think that we can push them to our side of the spectrum.
Comments or suggestions? Feel free to contact me.
The Wife Hates Sports