/, Humor, Kevin Paul, Movies, NBA, Writers/The LeBron ‘Dumb and Dumber’ Mashup is the Wife’s Least Favorite Thing (Video)

The LeBron ‘Dumb and Dumber’ Mashup is the Wife’s Least Favorite Thing (Video)

LeBron James: Today, you will be playing the role of Lloyd Christmas.

The WIFE hates sports, as we all know by now.

A good number of ’em do.

But there are things that the WIFE actually hates more, and the movie Dumb and Dumber is one of those things.

“Pointless” is a word that she has used to describe the 1994 classic.

There are a plethora more phrases that she has muttered, all terms that Lloyd Christmas likely couldn’t pronounce.

“Stupid”, she says.

“Dumb”, she exclaims.

Yeah, that’s no secret.  It’s right there in the title.  “That’s the point, and it’s hilarious”, I’ll always say.

This back and forth is common, especially when the movie is on TV, or gets quoted amongst my buddies and I.

The WIFE claims that we only quote Dumb and Dumber or Austin Powers.

We are robbing ourselves of normal, intelligent conversation.

Yeah, it was swiped away by some “sweet old lady on a motorized cart”.

That’s simply not true, as we pepper in all kinds of comedies, from Fletch, to Wedding Crashers, to Men in Black.  Of course, the lines from Wedding Crashers, she truly appreciates, but that’s a story for another day.

What she doesn’t understand is that most guys use movie quotes to liven up manly communication, and if we didn’t have them, we would still be cavemen walking around with a club in our hands, dragging them by their hair.

They should feel fortunate.

Yeah, let’s go with that.

But this story has nothing to do with quotes, movies, or bickering about slapstick humor.

It has everything to do with LeBron James and the Dumb and Dumber mashup that a user named Tag McNamara (18lives.com) recently placed on YouTube, raking in more than 450,000 views, to date.

lebron-dumb-and-dumber-mashup

Gents: The LeBron James ‘Dumb and Dumber’ mashup is the most amusing thirty second video you’ll see today.

It’s short.  It fits.  It’s funny.  It’s perfect.

I love it.

She hates it.

She hates it because it combines her least favorite movie with the sports world.

She hates it because it ties in an overblown LeBron story that has been bleeding into her entertainment headlines.

She hates it because she knows neither are going away, especially with Dumb and Dumber To landing in theaters later this year.  November 14th, to be exact.

For me, it’s thirty quick seconds that bring a smile or a chuckle every single time I watch it.

For her, it’s thirty seconds of pure hell.

So, grab a snack and enjoy it.

“Nah, I swallowed a big June bug while we were drivin’, I’m not really hungry.”

Smart move, because I “hocked on your burger“.

Oh, c’mon man, don’t be mad, “it was just a goof”.

(H/T Larry Brown Sports)

Be Sociable, Share!
By | 2017-08-25T17:32:09+00:00 July 20th, 2014|Celebs, Humor, Kevin Paul, Movies, NBA, Writers|17 Comments

About the Author:

17 Comments

1. SportsChump August 2, 2014 at 4:25 AM

And Darrell, no sweat. I’ve been called worse.

2. Darrell July 31, 2014 at 5:09 PM

@KP: Yes, sir. I think I did okay. 🙂

3. KP July 31, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Wait, she drinks craft beer, too?
    Craft beer. Check.
    Dumb and Dumber. Check.
    Um, winner?

4. Darrell Harden July 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Make that REV, not REB. My bad.

5. Darrell Harden July 30, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Uh, make that REV …. #mybad

6. Darrell Harden July 30, 2014 at 6:35 PM

KP, REB, and whoever else might be interested, it seems that The Wife (my version) knows at least four other women who love Dumb and Dumber. Apparently, there’s a pocket of them in mid-Michigan.

7. Darrell July 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM

KP, Jess knows that Alabama football is the only annual sporting thing around which I design my schedule. She knows I’m going to watch it one way or the other. So, she’ll sometimes schedule a girls’ night out. Sometimes, she’ll get stuff done in the kitchen. If we’re watching the game out somewhere, she gets craft beer out of it. Sometimes, she’ll sit on the couch and read while I watch the Crimson Tide. In the last two cases, she’ll often use the opportunity to mock Nick Saban for yelling at players. She thinks everything Saban says is code for, “You’re not winning hard enough!” She’ll also enjoy the many unintentional double entendres that announcers make.

8. KP July 30, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Darrell,
    How does she handle Alabama? I had to get to a point where I bargained out a certain team that could be OK’d. Baseball was never any part of that… she can’t stand it.

9. tophatal ........... July 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM

KP

The only difference this time around , there was no payout of $250,000 made by ESPN , where LBJ would then donate to the Boys & Girls Club of America . Better handled perhaps but it still was a non-story which the likes of Broussard relished in .

10. Darrell Harden July 28, 2014 at 5:56 PM

@Admin: She will usually stop and watch it, and I try not to complain about her watching it, especially given that she lets me declare TV appearances by Alabama, AFC Ajax, and Arsenal FC as sacred time. That being said, I do openly mock the movie. I don’t feel bad about that, as she routinely mocks Nick Saban.

11. admin July 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Darrell —
    So when it comes on TV – and it does often – does she stop and watch it? If so, what do you do? Do you make comments or just leave it be?

12. admin July 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM

REV—
    Uh yeah, can’t argue with that one. Darrell’s better half is now the second one that I’ve ever heard of. I have a co-worker here that can actually quote the movie. I about fell over the first time she did.

13. admin July 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM

TOP–
    It was, yes. I still believe he had better people surrounding him this time, and as a group, they managed to handle this new decision a hundred times better.

14. Darrell Harden July 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Based on the insightful commentary of SportsChump, I’ve found the right woman. Unfortunately for her, I loathe that movie. That being said, the LBJ mashup with the movie is appropriate.

15. SportsChump July 22, 2014 at 6:17 AM

When you’ve found a woman that likes “Dumb and Dumber,” THAT’S how you know you’ve found the right one.

16. tophatal ........... July 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM

With LBJ , it has always been the ” me factor and issue ” . Bad advice from his advisers all-round .

17. admin July 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Well, a lot of us believe that Wade and Bosh were declining… though it’s clear that the Heat do not feel that way, by signing them both to big deals. I don’t think that was the main reason for LeBron doing that… my opinion was on my other post, that he really had no choice but to go back home, especially once the media got a hold of the story. I think he mostly wanted to go back, too.

Comments are closed.