/, Kevin Paul, NCAA FB, Writers/Alabama Animal Clinic Pokes Fun at BCS Title Loser LSU and ‘Honey Badger’ Tyrann Mathieu

It’s days after Alabama’s 21-0 BCS Championship victory over the LSU Tigers, and fans of the Crimson Tide are still finding unique ways to celebrate its title.

Specifically, the Fairhope Animal Clinic in Fairhope, AL, which posted a playful jab at LSU star Tyrann Mathieu on its outdoor billboard.alabama-crimson-tide-elephant-logo

Mathieu, also popularly known around the country as “The Honey Badger”, was the perfect fit for an in-state animal clinic seeking to verbally celebrate a team’s BCS National Championship victory.

Posted to Twitter by ABC Sports Photographer Robert O’Shields, the image pretty much says it all (below).

Well, except for all the field goals.

alabama-animal-clinic-pokes-fun-at-lsu-and-honey-badger

Fairhope Animal Clinic billboard uniquely supporting Alabama’s BCS National Championship victory, as posted to Twitter by ABC Sports Photographer Robert O’Shields (@BobbyO504)

[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]
Be Sociable, Share!
By | 2017-08-25T17:33:19+00:00 January 11th, 2012|Humor, Kevin Paul, NCAA FB, Writers|6 Comments

About the Author:

6 Comments

1. Darrell Harden January 21, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I *might* be watching championship weekend, but my higher calling is completing a presentation for work. Jess most likely will be passing on the weekend.

Last year, we did watch the Super Bowl together, and I suspect we’ll do the same this year. No word on whether she’ll be tweeting commentary from @jessinanutshell. I’ll be lobbying for it. Obviously, I haven’t met THE WIFE, but I think Jess and she would get along.

2. admin January 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Darrell–

That’s priceless.

So what’s the plan with her for championship weekend? Will you be watching and will she be watching?

3. Darrell Harden January 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Here’s the actual event:

Me: Take a look at this.
    Her (after reading it): Oh, they’re talking about that football player, or basketball player, or something.
    Me: I’m impressed.
    Her: I remember there was this one guy they were calling “Honey Badger.”

[dialogue follows, in which I explain where this is posted, and read back through our predicted dialog]

Her: Nice. Are you going to stick up for me now?
    Me: Yes; I’m typing it right now.
    Her: Which is it, by the way — basketball or football?
    Me: *prolonged bout of laughter*

You’re welcome. ūüôā

4. Darrell Harden January 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM

In my imagination, it was more like …

Me: *snortlaugh, pointing at sign* That’s hilarious!
    Her: Why? They don’t really have a honey badger, do they?

… at which point I would try to explain why it’s funny, only to realize that I would be the only one laughing. I think I’ll try it out on her this weekend.

Yes, we really do need to chat more.

5. admin January 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Ha ha, Darrell. Man, we really need to chat more.

I can just hear it now… “What’s a honey badger?”

KP

6. Darrell Harden January 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM

The best thing about this is that, if I show it to my girlfriend, she will have no idea why it’s funny.

Comments are closed.